Date: Sunday 2nd August 2020
2020 Race cancelled due to COVID-19
Date: 1st August 2021
ARC Race permit ARC: tbc
Farndale Trail Marathon circular routes starting from Hutton Le Hole Village Hall for:-
- Half Marathon
Closing date for entries – 17th July 2021 or when full
Entry Limit – 400
PLEASE NOTE – We are now not providing plastic cups at checkpoints. Please bring your own cup
Start: Hutton Le Hole Village Hall,
Hutton Le Hole
Marathon – 0800 – 0845
Half – 0900 – 0945
10k – 0930 – 1015
Trail Marathon Start 0900hrs
Half Marathon Start 1000hrs
Trail 10k Start 1030hrs
You must abide by these times, if you try to register for the Half Marathon early, during Marathon Registration time you will be asked to register later and have to queue again.
On arriving at registration you will be kit checked, if you pass the kit check please give your full name and you will receive your race number. THE RACE NUMBER MUST BE WORN ON FRONT OF THE BODY, NOT ON YOUR BAG. YOU MUST HAVE IT DISPLAYED AT ALL TIMES
9 hours to complete the Trail Marathon.
5 hours to complete the Half Marathon.
4 hours to complete the 10k
Routes & Maps
Circular routes for Marathon/Half Marathon/10k.
To keep maps/route descriptions dry it is worth carrying them in a freezer bag or laminating them.
– Pulling out of the race during the event
If you decide to drop out of the event due to injury or for any other reason please, if possible, make your way to the next checkpoint, unless close to the last checkpoint (it could be that the last checkpoint you visited may have closed before you manage to return to it). If injured and cannot continue and are between checkpoints again contact 07780 664592/ 07758 137931 and we will pick you up.
You must give the marshall/sweeper your race number
THERE WILL BE A SWEEPER ON THE COURSE AT ALL TIMES FOR ALL THREE EVENTS
Parking is situated in the centre of Hutton-le-Hole 100 yards north of the Village Hall. Turn in next to The Forge Tea Room and past the Chocolate Factory. This large parking field has a good all weather entrance and exit (the parking will be marshalled and signed). The cost is £3- for the day. YOU MUST NOT PARK ON THE MAIN ROAD OR SIDE STREETS, ANYBODY FOUND DOING THIS WILL BE BANNED FROM FUTURE HARDMOOR EVENTS. Un-responsible parking can lead to this event being cancelled in the future. The Marshall on the main road near the Village Hall will direct you to the parking. There are over 400 available car parking spaces in the car park to which you will be directed. There is a North York Moors Authority car park situated on the outside of the village which costs £4- to park. PLEASE BRING CHANGE FOR THE CAR PARK.
On the below map – turn off the main road to pass by The Chocolate Factory and Craft Workshops. The Car Park is situated in the large field with the caravans.
There will be camper van /motorhome / caravan parking at the top of the car park field for the Saturday night. This be £10 per unit (to include parking fees for the day of the race) and there will be a fresh water tap & elsan waste disposal point, all rubbish to be taken home. Portable toilets will be available but no shower facilities, so not suitable for tents.
Please pre book with email@example.com
(No on the day bookings)
- Checks will be made at registration and you will not be permitted to compete without the mandatory items.
- Any runner who is (in the opinion of the race directors, marshals or medics) unfit to continue will be withdrawn from the race. THEIR DECISION IS FINAL.
- You must log in with the marshals at each checkpoint.
- You must notify a race marshal at the first instance if you decide to retire from the race. Once you retire from the race your race number must be surrendered and you will not be allowed to continue.
- You must carry ALL mandatory items for the duration of the race, no one else may carry your gear.
- Failure to carry mandatory items will result in disqualification
- Do not DROP LITTER
- CLOSE ALL GATES
- NO CLIMBING OVER FENCES: use the stiles/gates provided.
- RESPECT OTHER USERS OF THE COUNTRYSIDE and your FELLOW COMPETITORS.
- RESPECT THE MARSHALLS and the RACE DIRECTOR.
Mandatory Equipment And Requirements
COMPULSORY KIT (FULL & HALF ROUTES)
The following items must be carried for the DURATION of the race! You will receive a kit check at Race Registration before receiving your race number. If you do not have all the kit mentioned below you will fail kit check and WILL NOT be allowed to participate in the race
- ROUTE DESCRIPTION and /or map
- WATERPROOF JACKET with taped seams
- HAT AND GLOVES
- CAPACITY TO CARRY 500ML OF FLUID
NO KITCHECK FOR THE 10K but use sense
DO NOT UNDERSTIMATE THE MOORS AND HOW THE CONDITIONS CAN CHANGE!
All Hardmoors 26.2 series races will be taped and signed to help with navigation but in some situations signage and tape can go missing on the day of the event (whether it be accidental or deliberate) So competitors will be provided with a downloadable race route description and downloadable maps of the course which are to be used if tape and signs are not apparent. It is the competitors responsibility to navigate themselves throughout the course.
ENTRIES OPEN ONLINE on -tbc
to include £1 donation to Cleveland Way National Trail
Trail Marathon £41 attached (UKA Athletics) £43 unattached
Half Marathon £29 attached (UKA Athletics) £31 unattached
Trail 10k £25 attached (UKA Athletics) £27 unattached
Cancellations & Refunds
If you need to cancel your race for whatever reason we offer the following options:
- You may transfer your place to another runner up to 3 weeks prior to the event. This is done yourself via the SI entries system. Please do not ask us to do this for you.
- Refund Protect is offered to participants during the online check out process, allowing you to opt-in to an enhanced set of cancellation and refund terms and conditions. It chosen, Refund Protect allows you to claim a 100% refund (including all extra fees and charges) if you are unable to attend the event due to unforeseen circumstances. You can claim a refund right up to the time of the event commencing. You will be charged an extra 7.5 % on top of your normal payment.
Entries will not be suspended to the following year.
All Farndale entries will appear on either of the two below lists
Standard Entry List
Series Entry List –
Farndale full marathons
Farndale half marathons
Rosedale full marathons
Rosedale half marathons