Hardmoors 30 will take place on January 1st 2021
ARC race permit tbc
Route & Maps
The route is a circular following the old railway lines north between Robin Hoods Bay and Whitby before heading southwards along the Cleveland Way to Robin Hoods Bay and then rejoining the old Railway lines passing through Ravenscar along the way to Hayburn Wyke.
Leaving Hayburn Wyke the route heads northwards along the Cleveland Way back to Robin Hood's Bay with a slight sting in the tail for the last hundred or so metres.
Start: Robin Hoods Bay OS 952 055
Checkpoint 1: Whitby OS 890 107
Checkpoint 2: Robin Hoods Bay OS 952 055
Checkpoint 3: Ravenscar
Checkpoint 4: Hayburn Wyke OS 0086 9678
Checkpoint 5: Ravenscar
Checkpoint 6: Robin Hoods Bay
Finish: Robin Hoods Bay OS 952 055
ENTRY LIMIT 200
REGISTRATION & RACE START VENUE
Fylingdales Village Hall
ROBIN HOODS BAY
REGISTRATION - 0800 - 0900
RACE BRIEF - 09.15
RACE START - 09.30
9 hours to complete the Hardmoors 30
Sport Sunday will be taking photos on the day which will be available after the event to buy on their website http://www.sportsunday.co.uk give them a smile as you pass by then by your picture later perfect way to remember 2020 New Years Day
Karen from Stadium Sports Massage will be providing a post race massage for the cost of £10. Well worth the money, really enhances recovery.
RACE PRIZE PRESENTATION
The race prize presentation for the 15 and 30 will be about 1430hrs.
1st 50 vet
1st 50 Lady
1st 60 vet
1st Shire * (HM 30 only)
* 14 stone plus category (if you are interested in entering this category please inform myself or the team at registration.
On completing your event you will receive your Race Medal and T.Shirt
Tim and Lisa(Hardmoors Race Series Sponsors) will bring pre ordered fabulous Chia Flapjacks All Good Stuff!! ask anyone who has used these products. THEY WORK as well as taste nice!
The Hardmoors 30 is what can be deemed as a 'Winter Ultra' In the very worst case scenario if due to weather conditions in the North York Moors the race has to be cancelled for the safety of the participants, then no cash refunds will be given (due to costs already arisen) but an entry to another Hardmoors Race up to the value of the Hardmoors 30 will be offered as a consolation.
- Runners have 9 hours to complete the Hardmoors30. You must pass through ALL the checkpoints within the stated time limits.
- Checks will be made at registration and you will not be permitted to compete without the mandatory items.
- Any runner/walker who is (in the opinion of the race directors, marshals or medics) unfit to continue will be withdrawn from the race. THEIR DECISION IS FINAL.
- You must log in with the Marshals at each checkpoint.
- You must notify a marshal at the first instance if you decide to retire from the event. Once you retire from the event your race number must be surrendered and you will not be allowed to continue.
- You must carry ALL items marked as mandatory from the equipment list (below) for the duration of the event.
Mandatory equipment and requirements
- Hat and Gloves
- Waterproof Jacket with taped seams
- Minimum of 500 ml water/sports drink to be carried
- Emergency food supply (chocolate/energy bar)
- Map and route description
- Mobile phone
- Spare Gloves
- Buff or similar
- Full leg cover (eg running tights)
January 1st 2021
NOTE: We do not give refunds for cancellations. In the event of you being unable to take part, you may transfer your place to another competitor via SI entries up to three weeks prior to the event. Please consider this prior to entering.
How to enter
Entry Limit: 200
- £45 attached (UK Athletics)
- £47 unattached
Individual entry: £1.00 of the Entry Fee is donated to the Cleveland Way National Trail
Online entries available only
Individual entry (Please use following link) - https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?event_id=5666
ONLINE ENTRIES OPEN ON SATURDAY 2nd MAY 2020 AT 1800
The Hardmoors 30 is a 30 miles-ish loop around Whitby, including Robin Hoods Bay, Ravenscar, and Cloughton.
The Hardmoors 30 will take place on New Year Day 2021.