Hardmoors 26.2 Series Terms & Conditions 2021
- As part of the event entry process you will tick a box to confirm: “I wish to enter [named event]. I understand that the organisers shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury arising from my involvement in this event.”
Cancellations & Refunds
If you need to cancel your race for whatever reason we offer the following options:
- You may transfer your place to another runner up to 3 weeks prior to the event. This is done yourself via the SI entries system. Please do not ask us to do this for you.
- Refund Protect is offered to participants during the online check out process, allowing you to opt-in to an enhanced set of cancellation and refund terms and conditions. It chosen, Refund Protect allows you to claim a 100% refund (including all extra fees and charges) if you are unable to attend the event due to unforeseen circumstances. You can claim a refund right up to the time of the event commencing. You will be charged an extra 7.5 % on top of your normal payment.
Refund Protect will be the administrator of the programme and underwrite the risk of anyone applying for a refund, all through Tokio Marine HCC, an A+ rated Insurance Provider.
Participants seeking a refund would complete a simple, pre-populated online form. Refund Protect will handle all refund applications within 48 hours and will refund you directly. Refunds include entry fees, payment fees, the Refund Protect fee and any extra fees if the entry is part of a package.
Refund Protect’s enhanced set of terms and conditions, which extend to any ‘emergency circumstances’, result in the Refund Protect policy being the broadest on the market. Refund Protect terms and conditions can be found online here: https://www.refundprotect.co/member-wording
If Hardmoors 26.2 Series Ltd cancels a race
We endeavour to ensure all our events go ahead. If bad weather is forecast, we take advice from Mountain Rescue and the Police and take measures to ensure participant safety. However, in the rare event of extreme bad weather or other “Force Majeure” such as a global virus, we take advice from the Government and if despite our safety measures we are advised to cancel we will offer, where appropriate:
- Transfer to a new date
- Transfer to the next year’s event
- Voucher towards an event
You agree to the following:
- I understand that participating in any aspect of this event is potentially hazardous and that I should not enter and participate unless I am medically able and properly trained.
- I will not take part in the event if it is beyond my abilities. If I am aware of or concerned that I have a medical condition which might interfere with participating safely, I should seek advice from a relevant medical professional and follow that advice
- I have disclosed and given details of all medical conditions/allergies relating to me to me via the entry system and have received appropriate guidance where applicable.
- I will attend the event briefing. I accept that the event carries its own risks and I will not carry out any activities (or the event in its entirety) if for any reason I feel it is not suitable for me, or my dog (for those running with a dog).
- I will notify an appropriate person immediately if I feel unwell before, during or after the event.
- I will carry the mandatory kit with me at all times during the event.
- If running with a dog my dog will be at least a year old for a 10k or 18 months old for longer distances. All dogs must be on a harness. Please note that if running with a dog and place in the top three, you will not receive a trophy due to the artificial aid a dog can give you up hills.
- The Promoter will not have any liability to you whatsoever for loss or expenses incurred in connection with the Event or any cancellation of the event, including, without limitation, costs of any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements made relating to the event or the cancellation of the event.
- You agree that the Promoter, its servants or agents will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including Yourself) or property however caused (including by the Promoter or its employees or agents): (a) in any circumstances (such as Force Majeure) unless due to the negligence of the Promoter, its employees or agents; ; (b) in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury due to the negligence of the Promoter, its servants or agents); and/or (c) to the extent that any increase in any loss or damage results from the breach by You of any of these Terms and Conditions.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Force Majeure” means any cause beyond the Promoter’s control including, without limitation, an act of God, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism, fire, explosion, flood, royal mourning, national mourning, theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lock out, weather, third party injunction, national defence requirements and/or acts or regulations of national or local governments. The Promoter will not be liable to you for failure to perform any obligation under these Terms and Conditions to the extent that the failure is caused by Force Majeure.
By attending a Hardmoors event, you give your express consent to your actual or simulated likeness being included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audio-visual recording to be used in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world, the copyright to which shall be owned by the Promoter or its contractors without payment or compensation. If you attend an event with your child aged under 18 years you give the foregoing your express consent on their behalf.